NEAP view on the death penalty

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEAP view on the death penalty

Post  Tippa@4WardEver on Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:13 am

Hi There,

This isn't so much a help request as a question (wasn't sure where else to post it)?
I've noticed on the profile for NEADP its view of the death penalty is shown as 'Pro Death Penalty'
I take it that this is just an oversight otherwise it may confuse the hell out of visitors to a forum essentially against capital punishment.

On a related point what would be your approach to board members who post overtly unpleasant pro death penalty views and material?

I may not see your answers to these until Sunday afternoon as I'll be logging off shortly.

Solidarity

Sleep

"...to remain silent and indifferent,
is the greatest sin of all..."
Tippa@4WardEver

Number of posts : 43
View : Anti-Death Penalty
Registration date : 2008-06-19

View user profile http://www.4wardever.org

Back to top Go down

Re: NEAP view on the death penalty

Post  NEADP on Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:58 pm

Hiya Tippa,

Sorry about the confusion... the NEADP profile was set up when making the forum and the profile had not been updated, it now has though. Thank-you for reminding me Smile

As for the pro-death penalty comments,

I think that Debate is a good thing for all involved if it is done in a civilised way. I am all for Pro death penalty members joining this board and reading posts, even commenting but we will nto stand for abuse of any kind.
We wont stand for any abusive comments on this site. Whether it be from a Pro, Anti or someone on the Fence about the whole thing. If they have an argument or comment to make we would love to hear it, but not if it insults a member, is abusive or rascist or sexists etc.

Any comments or anything of the sort made by any member (Only members can post on these boards) will result in a ban and all comments will be erased. I would love to think that there will not be an issue like this here... but i am aware that people do not always agree.

Fingers crossed all goes well Smile

NEADP
Admin

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-06-17

View user profile http://neadp.fullboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tippa@4WardEver on Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:22 pm

Hey There,

Thanks for the clarity! It's all good....
My personal policy is to.. "disagree agreeably"

Good luck with the forum. What I particularly like is that this is the first forum I come across that marries the death penalty and non-death penalty cases, and I believe this helps remove the blur between the two.

Here is a quote from my comrade, Tony Egbuna Ford, currently on death row in Texas, which really sums it all up:

“Often, people from different walks of life cannot see the commonality they share with each other. People will separate themselves for any number of reasons from religion, race, gender, class… Sadly, such separation has found its way into the struggle community.

“The good news however, is that just as different religions, races, genders and classes have come together to form a collective voice against societal injustice in all its forms, so too can the struggle community.

“It has been said that an injustice in one place is an injustice for everyone.
By uniting across the wide spectrum as we have within the struggle community, we show that we will stand against injustice and stand with those of particular struggles against injustice wherever it may be.

“While my experience and Mikey Powell’s may not be “exactly” the same, we have both been sentenced to death. But, I am still able to fight to save my life. Sadly, brother Mikey Powell is not here to do the same… Brother Mikey should not be dead.”

One Love

flower

"...to remain silent and indifferent,
is the greatest sin of all..."
Tippa@4WardEver

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-06-19

View user profile http://www.4wardever.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content